Please Visit Our New Website here

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Dreams stirred up...


This video was recently taken at our Champions Youth Program. This young man was one of my dear neighbors when I lived in the John DeShields Neighborhood. He always had my back and was very respectful.

That night at Champions, we had a conversation about what he wanted to do when he graduated from high school in two years. He said, "I haven't figured that out yet." Over the years, I have watched him practically raise his little brothers in such a kind and responsible way. During our conversation, I said, "You're really good with kids. Have you ever thought about becoming a teacher? I think you would make a GREAT teacher!" He nodded, smiled real big and said, "Yeah, I think I would like that."

Sometimes, these kids just need a caring adult to see their potential. When their potential is noticed and mentioned, it gets them thinking and hopefully dreaming of a better future. This is one of our favorite things to do here at the DREAM Center... encourage, inspire and stir up the dreams that are in the hearts of those we reach. Who in your life needs their dreams stirred up once again? (R.B.)

No comments: