Please Visit Our New Website here

Thursday, July 31, 2014

There Is No ART In Anxiety...

"There is no ART in anxiety. We try to manage the future, a time that doesn't exist yet, and we wonder why it makes our stomach hurt. ~Emily P. Freeman


Today, I was re-reading a journal entry from the beginning of this year. In my journal, I had this quote written down as a reminder to myself. I thought of you and wondered if maybe it would encourage you as well.

God created us as human beings, not machines. Sometimes I find myself living in a machine-like way, instead of in a human-like way. When I notice I'm doing this, I see less signs of life and ART in my life. And I see more signs of anxiety, pressure and a forced way of living.

My hope for you and what Janell and I are daily learning here at the Dream Center, is that our lives would slowly begin looking more like a work of ART, with less anxiety and stress. That we would learn how to flow daily in the "unforced rhythms of grace." (Matthew 11:28-30) (RB)

No comments: